Agnes RomanowskaAssociateAgnes Romanowska is a member of Reid and Riege’s Litigation Practice Area. Her practice includes commercial and complex civil litigation and the resolution of general business disputes. Agnes also represents employers in a variety of employment law matters, including: employment discrimination; human resources; retaliation; wage and hour issues; and internal employee investigations, in both state and federal court. She is a member of the firm’s Diversity Committee and co-chair of the Associate Marketing Committee.
While in law school, Agnes worked as an in-house litigation paralegal for a large insurer, assisting several attorneys on a variety of insurance and class-action litigation matters.
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court, Barrister
- National Association of Professional Women
Community Involvement and Other PursuitsAgnes is a member of the Advisory Board of the Polish American Foundation of Connecticut, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve access to social services and to educational, training and career opportunities, as well as fostering inter-ethnic understanding and international exchange. Agnes is a member of the Board of Trustees, the Fund Development Committee and the Human Resources Committee of Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Hartford. She also is on the Gala Committee for the Children’s Law Center of Connecticut.
- "Second Circuit Creates Three-Part Test for Determining Whether Severance Policies Fall Under ERISA," Benefits Law Insider (July 2015)
- “The NLRB is Policing Social Media Policies,” Connecticut Law Tribune (April 27, 2015)