John R. BashawStockholder
John R. Bashaw is Chair of Reid and Riege’s Environmental and Litigation Practice Areas. He has been actively practicing environmental and land use law since 1987. During that time, John has represented numerous companies and individuals in enforcement actions undertaken by state environmental agencies and the Federal Environmental Protection Agency, and in private-party cost-recovery actions. In addition, John has assisted several clients in negotiating complex environmental remediation agreements, indemnification agreements, insurance coverage, and favorable purchase contracts for properties that contain environmental contaminants and liability issues. In the area of land use and wetlands, John regularly represents applicants and intervenors before local zoning and wetland commissions on environmental issues. John also frequently represents the firm’s corporate clients in property tax appeals before the Connecticut Superior Court, including having successfully litigated an appeal for a multi-million dollar property.
- Connecticut Bar Association, Conservation & Environmental Quality Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Environmental Professionals' Organization of Connecticut
- Connecticut Environmental Forum
- American Chemical Society
- Real Estate Finance Association of Connecticut (REFA)
- Connecticut Power and Energy Society
Community Involvement and Other Pursuits
- Connecticut Veterans Legal Center, Board Member (2009 - present), President (2014)
- John is a frequent author on the regulation, health and safety of nanomaterials.
John has been a speaker on topics including nanomaterials, environmental issues, environmental audits and real property transactions.