Coleen Hurlie-DunnOf Counsel
Coleen advises clients on a wide range of business, real estate, and commercial finance matters and transactions, providing guidance in support of all aspects of clients’ operations and objectives. She delivers practical legal advice to clients in connection with the organization, structure, governance, purchase, sale, and financing of closely-held businesses, and the acquisition, sale, financing, development and leasing of commercial real estate.
Coleen counsels business owners and entrepreneurs in a variety of industries on their general corporate and operational needs, advising them on formation, ownership structure and business governance, negotiating and drafting significant contracts arising in the day-to-day operation of a company, addressing key issues faced by businesses, including shareholder and ownership matters, and representing them in a range of commercial transactions including financing, acquisitions, dispositions, mergers and joint ventures.
She advises buyers and sellers in transactions of varying levels of complexity including mergers and acquisitions, financing and leasing, and has handled complex commercial transaction of all sizes from inception to completion, guiding clients step by step through the process.
In real estate, Coleen has substantial experience representing real estate developers and owners in the development, acquisition, disposition and financing of commercial property including office buildings, nursing homes, retail developments and industrial, multi-family and mixed-use properties. She has advised clients on issues pertaining to the acquisition and sale of real property under the Connecticut Transfer Act and has represented landlords and tenants in connection with industrial, office and retail leasing.
Coleen has represented lenders and borrowers in a wide array of commercial financing transactions as well as with regard to loan workouts and restructures.
Coleen is committed to understanding clients’ needs and working with them to reach practical solutions tailored to their needs. She is dedicated to achieving the optimal results for clients.
- Represented client in a major refinance of a New York landmark-protected retail facility, including issues pertaining to defeasance, subleasing, and governmental approvals.
- Represented client in multi-state transaction involving the sale of dozens of franchise restaurants and related real estate.
- Represented large national metal merchant and processor in the acquisition of the assets of various companies.
- Negotiated and drafted ground lease for the development of a retail center on tribal land.
- Guided client in the multi-state sale and leaseback of twenty-five commercial properties.
- Represented client in all aspects of negotiation, documentation, and closing of the acquisition of assets and real estate of a financially distressed company and its subsidiaries.
- Represented nationally recognized developer in the planning and development of a high-end retail facility and the related acquisition of real estate and procurement grants.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Connecticut Bar Association, Business Law, Commercial Law & Bankruptcy, and Real Property Sections
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property, Probate & Trusts Sections
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Girl Scouts of Housatonic Council, past Board Member and Executive Officer
- Connecticut Children’s Museum, New Haven, Planning Committee