Gina M. GearyAssociate
Gina offers practical advice to individuals of all ages and backgrounds who are planning their estates. She also provides guidance to those who are settling the estates of their family or friends.
Gina aims to address clients’ goals by understanding what they want to achieve and why they want to achieve it. Through that understanding, she works to present a variety of solutions so each client has an estate plan that suits their family.
During the estate settlement process, Gina lays out the necessary steps and information required so the fiduciary knows what to expect. She works to highlight potential unknowns to help avoid any surprises, and to make sure each fiduciary feels supported by our team.
- Represented an individual in a contested conservatorship proceeding.
- Represented a single individual in creating an estate plan to benefit nieces and nephews.
- Represented a family in creating an estate plan with lifetime trusts for their children.
- Represented a divorced couple in creating a new estate plan for their family.
- Represented an executor in an estate settlement involving potential wrongdoing by both the decedent and a beneficiary.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Durham Fair, Superintendent of Year Round Events
Honors & Awards
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “The Light at the End of the Tunnel: Why the Timing is Right for Connecticut to Consider Tortious Interference with Inheritance as a Valid Cause of Action,” Quinnipiac Probate Law Journal (Vol. 32, Issue 2)