Gregory M. GagneOf Counsel
Greg helps individuals and businesses minimize risk and solve problems. When necessary, he fights for clients at trials and administrative hearings. Greg strives to take ownership of client’s challenges so they can get back to focusing on their businesses, their lives, and their families.
Greg has handled more than 150 trials and administrative hearings, giving him the ability to adjust case strategy in real time as needed. This experience also helps him identify when a negotiated resolution is in a client’s best interests.
Business clients look to Greg to help them make good decisions and avoid liability. He has assisted small and mid-sized businesses throughout the state of Connecticut, including bars and restaurants, with their legal needs for years.
Greg, a former trial attorney in the JAG Corps of the United States Air Force, provides representation to military members worldwide. He has secured multiple full acquittals for military clients and saved millions of dollars in potential retirement losses for military members in all branches of service.
Greg prides himself on being available to clients before a challenge turns into a problem. He encourages clients to reach out for guidance the moment a potential legal issue arises. Whether it is a tricky employment issue, a business dispute, a complex litigation matter, or a court-martial across the world, he will fight to help clients obtain the best possible outcome. Greg’s ultimate goal is to help clients avoid the need to sue or defend a case.
- Worked with joint litigation team on Medicaid rate appeals. After the hearings were completed, Connecticut hospitals reached a global settlement with the state worth $1.8 billion over the settlement period.
- Represented a physician’s office that was the target of a federal investigation and subject to search and seizure by the DEA, with no charges being brought against the client.
- Represented a company against a large multinational corporation for breach of agreement in a commercial real estate transaction.
- Represented a home health agency in the successful recovery of unpaid workers’ compensation medical bills.
- Represented a client in a breach of contract/unfair trade practice matter, resulting in a negotiated settlement.
- Represented multiple health care providers in False Claims Act investigations involving the U.S. Attorney’s Office and Connecticut Attorney General’s Office.
- Represented medical providers in Department of Public Health (DPH) matters.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a second tier federal contractor in a Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) voluntary self-disclosure matter.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a Connecticut municipality in response to allegations of sexual harassment by an employee. Provided guidance to the municipality to resolve the complaint and avoid adverse action.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a large Connecticut corporation following a hostile workplace complaint by an employee. Provided guidance to the client to resolve the complaint and avoid adverse action.
- Provided guidance to businesses, including medical providers, during the COVID-19 pandemic to help maximize safety and ensure compliance.
- Drafted company policies in response to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 mandatory vaccination requirements.
- Drafted company policies in response to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 mandatory vaccination requirements.
- State of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D.
- Trinity College, B.A.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Connecticut Bar Association, Veterans and Military Affairs Section
- Connecticut Veterans Legal Center
- Board of Directors (Past Member)
- Wolcott Circle of Sports
- Board of Directors (Past Member)
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
Honors & Awards
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- “Introduction to the Court-Martial Process, Part 1 and 2,” Thomson Reuters West LegalEdcenter
- American Association of Psychiatry and the Law Annual Meeting, Speaker