Louis J. DonofrioStockholder & Management Committee
Louis represents clients in all areas of commercial real estate, including leasing, acquisitions, dispositions, financing, environmental matters and construction contracting. He practices commercial leasing on a national basis, representing retailers, national office tenants, and broadcasting companies with their site selection, lease negotiation, and general administration. Louis takes a practical, risk-based approach to real estate transactions in an effort to shorten the negotiating process while providing effective representation and advocacy.
Louis understands the issues and arguments regularly made by each side to a transaction. He draws on this experience when advising clients on how to structure transactions. Louis works to resolve potentially contentious issues on an expedited basis, always keeping the risks to clients in mind.
Louis is a member of the firm’s Management Committee and Board of Directors. He also leads the firm’s Business Services, Commercial Real Estate, Finance & Lending, Health & Human Services and Nonprofit Organizations practices.
Prior to joining Reid and Riege, Louis was in-house corporate counsel at Retail Brand Alliance, Inc., in Enfield, Connecticut.
- National representation of developers, retailers and other companies in the drafting and negotiation of office, retail and industrial leases and ancillary agreements.
- National representation of a large broadcasting company in connection with the acquisition, disposition and leasing of radio broadcasting towers, production studios and office buildings.
- Representation of health care organizations in multi-million dollar financing transactions.
- General representation of buyers and sellers in complex commercial real estate transactions, including resolution of challenging environmental matters.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- CoreNet Global
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Town of Simsbury Economic Development Task Force, Former Member
- Town of Simsbury Zoning Commission, Alternate Member (2012-2014)
Honors & Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law (2018-2022)
- Reid and Riege Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Best Lawyers in America®
- Reid and Riege Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Best Lawyers in America®
- Reid and Riege Attorneys Recognized as 2020 Best Lawyers in America®
- Reid and Riege Attorneys Recognized as 2019 Best Lawyers in America®
- Reid and Riege Attorneys Recognized as 2018 Best Lawyers in America®