Maya L. FrazierAssociate
Maya provides counsel to health and human services providers and organizations, including physicians, physician practices, hospitals, behavioral health organizations, federally qualified health centers, community living arrangements, and home health and hospice care organizations. She analyzes state and federal regulatory issues relating to health care entities and tax-exempt organizations, prepares transactional and corporate documents, and works to develop practical negotiation strategies for commercial disputes, white collar investigations, and matters before state agencies.
Prior to joining Reid and Riege, Maya worked as privacy analyst and attorney with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology in Washington, DC. At ONC, she assisted in drafting regulations and health IT privacy resources for HHS stakeholders. Maya also served as a judicial law clerk to Associate Justice Perry B. Inos of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Supreme Court.
- Counseled client on contemplated services arrangement under the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Counseled client on sophisticated laboratory arrangement under the Stark Law, Anti-Markup Rule, and EKRA.
- Counseled client on Medicare enrollment compliance.
- Advised on regulatory requirements for federally qualified health centers.
- Advised on federal False Claims Act liability for provider of services.
- Advised on multi-agency white collar crime investigations.
- Revised and restructured contractual arrangement with medical billing services provider.
- Prepared HIPAA-compliant business associate agreement and corresponding business associate subcontractor agreement.
- Prepared corporate transactional documents related to medical center affiliation.
- Business Services
Health & Human Services
- Cybersecurity & Patient Privacy Compliance
- Managed Care & Medicare/Medicaid Reimbursement
- Regulatory Compliance
- Vendor Contracting
- Outside General Counsel Services
- Defense of Government Investigations & Proceedings
- Physician Employment & Independent Contractor Relationships
- Certificate of Need
- Mergers, Acquisitions, & Affiliations
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Physician & Facility Licensure Matters
- Medical Staff Issues
- Specialized Financing
- Real Estate & Zoning Issues
- State of Connecticut
- District of Columbia
- State of Alabama
- American University Washington College of Law , J.D.
- The George Washington University, B.A.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- George W. Crawford Black Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Maya served two terms on the Moot Court Honor Society Executive Board.
- She co-published an article in The Clarity Journal, "Notice me – communicating patient privacy rights through effective notices."