Ryan T. DowningAssociate
Ryan works closely with clients to provide advice and counseling and to guide litigation relating to a variety of civil disputes, including labor and employment matters, commercial and business disputes, probate litigation, and other matters. He listens to the concerns of each client, and aspires to provide advice to match their goals prior to the inception of a lawsuit, or during the course of a lawsuit. Ryan is committed to ensuring that clients understand the reasoning behind legal strategies being pursued, and that his clients are well-informed regarding their cases.
Prior to joining Reid and Riege, Ryan served as a judicial law clerk for the judges of the Connecticut Superior Court from 2017 through 2018. As a law clerk, Ryan worked with judges and other law clerks to draft opinions and render legal advice on a variety of unique cases. Ryan also obtained significant experience in civil litigation working for a mid-sized law firm for several years.
- Defended a business in successfully arguing that a CHRO charge of discrimination should be dismissed.
- Counseled a client regarding employee retention and termination.
- Represented numerous clients in handling CHRO charges and lawsuits involving claims of discrimination.
- Assisted a corporation in obtaining a judicial dissolution.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Connecticut Bar Association,
- LGBT Section, Chair
- LGBT Section, Secretary & Treasurer (2020-2021)
- Hartford County Bar Association
- American Bar Association