Stefan R. SjobergAssociate
Stefan is a passionate and personable corporate attorney who counsels clients on a variety of business matters. Having earned both an MBA and a law degree, Stefan appreciates the challenges and opportunities businesses face in our community. In his transactional capacity, Stefan provides legal services beginning with pre-deal negotiations through post-closing deliverables. Stefan’s general business law practice includes entity formation, zoning analysis, entity governance, organizational restructuring, buy/sell arrangements, contract drafting, review and negotiation, and commercial real estate.
Stefan has worked with clients from a variety of industries on transactions ranging from business purchase and sale agreements to real estate closings.
In addition to his position at Reid & Riege, Stefan serves as adjunct faculty professor at Western New England University School of Law.
- Represented owners of closely-held and family businesses in structuring the orderly transfer of business interests to key employees or competitors.
- Counseled a corporate client through the tax considerations of operating a sporting event internationally.
- Assisted various entities in obtaining tax-exempt status through the filing of IRS form 1023.
- Drafted and negotiated purchase and sale agreements in a variety of real estate transactions.
- State of Connecticut
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D.
- Western New England University School of Business, M.B.A.
- Quinnipiac University, B.S.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Hampden County Bar Association
- Board Member (September 2020 - present)
- New Lawyers Section, Chair (September 2020 - present)
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Western New England University School of Law Alumni Association
- Board Member
- Nominations Committee, Chair
- Ronald McDonald House, Planned Giving Committee Member
- Viability, Finance Committee Member (September 2019-December 2020)