Thomas R. KasperStockholder & President
Tom represents a broad range of clients in the areas of general corporate, contracts, real estate, land use and construction matters. He serves as counsel to individuals, closely held businesses, local and international retailers, international software developers, aerospace manufacturers, and nonprofit organizations. Tom has significant experience in commercial leasing, on both a local and national level, representing both tenants and landlords.
In building and maintaining relationships with clients, Tom focuses on developing an in-depth understanding of their businesses, and on providing responsive, effective and practical legal services and solutions. He strives to help clients manage and limit their risks and achieve their desired transactional objectives in an economical manner.
Tom is President of the firm, leading the Management Committee and Board of Directors, and managing day-to-day operations. Tom is a military retiree, having completed more than 20 years of service in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
- Regular representation of large international software company in worldwide office and general real estate leasing requirements.
- General corporate, development and construction representation for international aerospace manufacturer.
- Regular representation of closely held businesses in managing real estate and facilities matters.
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of real property under the Connecticut Transfer Act.
- Regular representation of healthcare and other nonprofit organizations in real estate transactions.
- State of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Western New England College School of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
- University of Connecticut, B.A. (cum laude)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Greater Hartford Legal Aid Foundation, Past President
- Glastonbury Youth Sports Coach
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law (2023)