Dominic Fulco IIIStockholder
Dominic has been representing clients in a wide range of civil litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and appeals for over 33 years. He has litigated matters in state and federal courts and before arbitration tribunals involving diverse substantive legal issues. He has handled disputes arising from contracts, including construction contracts, corporate governance, employment, environmental, ERISA, fiduciary relationships, franchise arrangements, insurance and reinsurance, probate and trust, real estate sales, leasing and development, shareholder contests, tax, technology, trademarks and unfair business practices. He has represented clients in appeals before the Connecticut Supreme and Appellate Courts, including cases of first impression, and before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. He has been an arbitrator on the commercial panel of the American Arbitration Association and privately since 1992. Besides practicing law, he has held leadership positions in several education and nonprofit institutions and on appointed boards of a local municipality.
In representing clients, Dominic looks to find creative solutions to their legal issues. He brings his broad experience in substantive areas of the law to assist clients in the resolution of disputes whether through the trial of a case in court or in an arbitration proceeding or by settlement. Prior to joining the firm, Dominic co-founded a law firm where he represented individual and business clients in general corporate matters, employment issues, commercial loans, real estate, and transactions involving the purchase and sale of assets. That general practice background, in today’s world of concentrated legal practices, gives Dominic valuable insights in working on the myriad of complex legal issues in clients’ cases.
Dominic also draws upon his experience as an American Arbitration Association trained arbitrator for over 25 years. Acting as an arbitrator hired by parties to adjudicate their business disputes gives him a judge’s perspective, allowing him to be a more effective advocate for clients.
Dominic is the firm’s in-house general counsel. In that role he acts as the “lawyer to the lawyers.” He provides legal advice to both the firm’s management and its lawyers in all areas affecting the practice of law including legal ethics, professional liability, risk management and compliance.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- University of Hartford
- Board of Regents, Member (2007-2018)
- Board of Regents, Vice Chair (2013-2018)
- Foundation for the Advancement of Catholic Schools
- Board of Trustees, Member (2003 – present)
- Board of Trustees, Vice President (2008 – present)
- East Catholic High School
- Board of Directors, Chair (2002-2011)
- Board of Directors, Chairman (2007-2011)
- Principal Search Committee, Chairman (2010-2011)
- East Hartford Housing Code Board of Appeals
- Member (2001-2011)
- Chairman (2006-2011)
- East Hartford Redevelopment Agency, Member (1999-2005)
- Youth and American Legion Baseball, Coach (1997-2006)