Jon P. NewtonStockholder
Jon P. Newton is a Stockholder who has practiced at Reid and Riege since 1988. Jon serves as the firm's President and Managing Partner. He practices in the areas of insolvency, creditors’ rights, bankruptcy and commercial litigation. Jon has published an article in the Connecticut Bar Journal on the Connecticut Uniform Commercial Code and has lectured on the subjects of bankruptcy law, asset protection planning, exemptions and fraudulent conveyance laws, the uniform commercial code and collections law.
- Connecticut Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, Executive Committee
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys
- Turnaround Management Association
Community Involvement and Other Pursuits
Jon has been involved in youth sports in West Hartford. He is the former President of the West Hartford Babe Ruth League and was a Board Member of both the All Sports Council in West Hartford and the West Hartford Amateur Baseball Association.