Mark X. RyanStockholder
Mark is a business advisor who concentrates on transactional work, particularly representing clients who are regular purchasers of businesses, or those who are engaging in the once in a lifetime sale of a business. With 30 years and many hundreds of transactions of experience, there is little he has not seen, but the crux of this work is in understanding that every transaction is different and of unique importance to the parties involved. To obtain successful outcomes, Mark focuses on understanding clients’ goals and needs, and the pressure points most likely to arise. Mark brings intelligence and good humor to his interactions with clients, their advisors, and the rest of his team.
Mark serves as the primary legal counsel to manufacturers, distributors, professional and other service providers, investors and nonprofits. He believes in the importance of knowing clients well – ownership, management, mission, business and culture. No legal solution is optimal without that grounding.
Mark advises on structuring, negotiating and closing business mergers, acquisitions and sales; joint ventures; financings; new business formations; ownership and management succession planning; buy-sell arrangements; ownership disputes; corporate governance; executive employment arrangements; contract negotiation; employment issues; and other matters related to owning, investing in, and operating for-profit and nonprofit businesses.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Hartford County Bar Association, Corporations Committee, Co-Chair
- Connecticut Bar Association, Corporations and Antitrust Sections
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Antitrust Sections
- Connecticut Cancer Foundation, Inc., Advisory Board (2013 – Present)
- Xavier High School, Board of Directors (2014 – Present), Vice Chair (2014 – Present)
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated
- Connecticut Cancer Foundation Humanitarian of the Year (2012)