Mary Mintel MillerStockholder
Mary is an intellectual property and environmental attorney. She strives to make doing business safer for new entrepreneurs and established businesses alike. She regularly counsels clients regarding potential threats from competitors and governmental regulators. Mary uses strategic planning and protective agreements to minimize litigation risks, but when those two methods are not enough, she advances clients’ interests through litigation. Her goal is to always keep clients’ best interests in mind.
Mary advises clients on matters related to copyright, trademark, patent and trade secret law. To facilitate clients’ goals, Mary has drafted and negotiated licensing agreements, services agreements, joint venture agreements, and nondisclosure agreements. To protect clients’ interests, Mary has attained numerous copyright and trademark registrations, has drafted and defended against demand letters, and has litigated copyright, trademark and patent infringement actions in federal court.
Mary defends clients against environmental enforcement actions, often through a mix of counseling and litigation. She has represented plaintiffs and defendants in administrative, state, and federal actions, some of which have included Connecticut Supreme Court appeals. In an effort to avoid such actions, however, Mary regularly counsels clients regarding the leasing and acquisition of industrial and commercial property. Then, using the skills that she developed as a biologist, Mary carefully reviews environmental analyses before negotiating protective environmental sections of clients’ leases and purchase and sale agreements.
- New England Super Lawyers Magazine® as a Connecticut Rising Star® for Environmental Law (2015-2017) and IP (2018)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Society for Women Environmental Professionals (SWEP), Connecticut Chapter, Executive Committee Member and Communications Committee Chair
- New England Women in Energy and the Environment
- The Judge Janet Bond Arterton American Inn of Court
- American Bar Association, Environmental Litigation Committee Member
- Connecticut Italian American Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association