Mary Mintel MillerAssociateMary Mintel Miller focuses on Environmental and Intellectual Property Law, both as a counselor and as a litigator.
Mary has represented clients in environmental litigation matters ranging from administrative, to state, to federal actions, both at the hearing or trial phase and through appeal to the Connecticut Supreme Court. Mary advises clients regarding the leasing and acquisition of industrial and commercial property. She reviews environmental analyses, prepares applications for environmental land use restrictions, oversees the transfer of permits and underground storage tanks, and drafts and negotiates protective environmental sections of leases and purchase and sale agreements.
Mary also advises clients on matters related to copyright, trademark, patent and trade secret law. Mary drafts and negotiates licensing agreements, services agreements, joint venture agreements and nondisclosure agreements. She also drafts and responds to demand letters, drafts disclaimers and has attained state and federal registrations of copyrights and trademarks. Mary has litigated copyright, trademark and patent infringement actions in federal court. Mary is licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Society for Women Environmental Professionals (SWEP), Connecticut Chapter, Executive Committee Member
- American Bar Association, Environmental & Energy Litigation Committee Member
- Oliver Ellsworth American Inn of Court
- Connecticut Italian American Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Environmental Professionals’ Organization of Connecticut
- Connecticut Power and Energy Society