Reid and Riege's founders felt a strong community commitment, which lives on today in the firm. Shortly after its founding, the firm established and funded the Reid and Riege Foundation, which makes grants each year to local organizations and matches charitable gifts made by attorneys in the firm. Our attorneys have always been active in community organizations, serving on the boards of nonprofit, arts, health and other agencies as directors and trustees. Jack Riege helped organize Riverfront Recapture, Inc., an organization that re-established Hartford's connection with the Connecticut River. Pedestrian access to the river from the Hartford business district, construction of a new boathouse and cultural events on the waterfront have brought the Connecticut River back into the hub of city activity. Jack spearheaded this successful effort and served as its President for many years.
Reid and Riege has a reputation as being a leader in the community, always encouraging attorneys to participate in civic, nonprofit, political and bar-related organizations and activities. A sampling of the agencies in which our attorneys serve in leadership positions includes:
- Central AHEC, Inc.
- Children’s Law Center
- Community Renewal Team, Meadows Real Estate Corporation
- Connecticut Community Care, Inc.
- Connecticut Council for Philanthropy
- Connecticut Historical Society
- Connecticut Sports Foundation Against Cancer, Inc.
- Connecticut Women’s Council
- Foundation for the Advancement of Catholic Schools
- Gifts of Music Program
- Greater Hartford Legal Aid Foundation
- Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
- Hartford H.E.L.P.
- Hartford Stage Company
- The Hartt School
- Journey Home
- Lawyers for Children America
- Leadership Greater Hartford
- Mercy Housing & Shelter Corporation
- MetroHartford Alliance
- Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration
- New Haven Symphony Orchestra
- Noah Webster House & West Hartford Historical Society
- Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Riverfront Recapture, Inc.
- Saint James School Foundation
- Simsbury Land Trust
- Simsbury Little League
- St. Edmund’s Retreat, Inc.
- United Way